SLES’s Advantages and Applications in the Global Liquid Detergents Market

0
209
SLES's Advantages and Applications in the Global Liquid Detergents Market

Benefits and Applications of SLES in the Global Liquid Detergents Market

Until recently, the most popular cosmetic raw materials for the manufacturing of the detergents was Sodium Lauryl Sulfate or SLS. But this material possessed a series of harmful characteristics, including

  • A significant degree of skin irritation 
  • Low aqueous solubility
  • Limited possibilities of thickening.

That is why sodium Laureth sulfate or Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulfate has now replaced the SLS. The ingredient is the darling of the manufacturers of household cleaning essentials.

Detergent Market In India

In India, the home care industry comprises laundry care, surface cleaners, dish wash, and air care products. Among these, the laundry care market holds more than 69%of the total home care segment. And it is more on the rise, with a growing demand for liquid detergents as more and more people are using the washing machines.

The demand is owing to a few reasons like:

  1. convenience if use
  2. increase in requirement of detergent powders
  3. aggressive marketing
  4. increased use of washing machines.

The detergent market has three sections- solids, liquids, and powders. While solids and powders hold an 80% market share, the rest of 20% belongs to the liquids. This percentage is increasing considerably, owing to the use of SLES 70.

Growth In Recent Years

The considerable shift to liquid detergents has been growing since 2015 as the market accounted for almost 0.19 billion rupees. You may say that 10% of all Indian households own the washing machine, and the percentage is growing rapidly.

Liquid detergents have become a popular home essential as people slowly realize the economic factors related to the use of liquids. The growth in the demands and supply is massive, and the graph is on the rise.

Benefit Of Shift In Industry Application To Detergent Market

The sodium Laureth sulfate manufacturers are glad to book considerable profit in the previous years, and the figure is also on the rise, just like the demand. It is necessary to know what are the benefits of shifting the industrial applications to the detergent market.

  • Demand for SLS free products

If you notice the graphs carefully, you will realize that the data from the past few years show a rapid shift to the demand for SLS-free products more in the personal care industry. The reasons are simple. SLS tends to absorb all moisture from the skin that is causing extreme skin dryness, leading to other skin problems.

People with sensitive skin can develop redness, itchy patches, and rashes that leads to the need for banning the use of SLS. The changing scenario has become a major reason for the shift of the use of SLES from the personal industry to the home cleaning industry and particularly in the manufacturing of liquid detergents.

  • Good solvency

When people wash their clothes in the washing machine, the detergent should mix well with the water. But there have been complaints of powders not dissolving and clinging to the fabric instead.

The use of SLES in the liquid detergents has provided the correct solution. As the element has good solvency, the dissolving of the detergent in the water is faster and more effective.

  • Hard water resistance

In India, various states have hard water that makes it difficult to rinse the clothes. For such areas, sodium Laureth sulfate is ideal owing to its strong resistance to hard water. Even when the users are washing the clothes in the washing machine, there will be no slippery feel of the fabric.

The Final word

As the industries are shifting paradigms, the choice of SLES in the manufacturing of liquid detergents is increasing mostly to cater to the response of the customers.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here